I am very excited about being nominated for the Liebster Award by C.C. from Sacred Sharings For The Soul!
The Liebster Award originated in Germany and its focus is to showcase other bloggers. The word “Liebster” is German for “dear” or “beloved,” so these awards are geared towards highlighting other people’s blogs that you like to read and helping others discover them. Thanks so much for thinking of me, C.C.!
While the award calls for 9 nominees, like C.C., I will keep things simple and only choose 4. Below I will respond to questions that C.C. asked, share 11 facts about myself and provide 11 questions for my nominees. Here we go!
1) Where do you find the most peace? This isn’t going to sound super spiritual but I feel the most peace at night, lights out and when I am just about to fall asleep. The song by No Doubt called ‘Underneath It All’ has a line (which I love) that says, “You give me the most gorgeous sleep I’ve ever had.” A great marriage = gorgeous sleep.
2) What is your favorite childhood memory? When I was about 10 years old, I was voted to be an “All Star” in the end-of-year softball tournament. I was playing the left field position when this line drive came flying up the 3rd base line. I ran, dove and caught it! Everyone cheered and talked about it afterwards. Now, anyone who knows me is going to be shocked by this story because I am neither nimble nor athletic anymore. The reason I was an “All Star” is because I had an early growth spurt as a child. I was one of the tallest 10 year olds in the league. But, unlike the rest of the girls, I have not grown one inch since I was 10. Soooo, my intimidating height was…wait for it….short lived. 🙂
3) Who is your favorite Saint? St Thomas Aquinas!
4) What is your favorite book on Spirituality/Saints? Trustful Surrender to Divine Providence: The Secret of Peace and Happiness by Father Jean Baptiste Saint-Jure
5) If you could visit one country where would you go? Italy!
6) Who is your biggest mentor? My Mom!
7) Do you have a favorite prayer? Prayer time? Divine Mercy Chaplet! I have a little exercise program I do when I get to work that takes about 10 minutes. I walk the stairs in our building and say my morning prayers. It is a great way to start the day and can be accomplished while my computer warms up!
8) What is your favorite food? Vanilla Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I always feel horrible after eating it because I get all sinus-y from the dairy. So, it is a rare pleasure.
9) What is most misunderstood about you? That I am a “career” woman.
10) If you could have coffee/tea with one person who would it be? Alice von Hildebrand!
11) What is your pet peeve? Oh, I have so many! Noises like whistling and loud TV; an entitlement mentality in anyone; know-it-alls; crumbs on the counter; anything on the counter that doesn’t belong on the counter. Yes, you can feel sorry for Gregg!
11 Facts About Me:
1. I wear one contact.
2. I am the youngest of 4 children.
3. I am a Mechanical Engineer.
4. I am addicted to my hand-held free cell solitaire game.
5. My favorite laundry detergent is Gain.
6. I have flown in a military helicopter.
7. I sit in an ergonomic chair at work and at home.
8. I can hula hoop for 30 minutes.
9. I have strange eating habits and my husband hardly notices anymore.
10. I wear clogs with most of my non-Summer outfits.
11. I had a terrible ski accident when I was 30 years old that I remember nothing about.
Liebster Nominee Questions for:
- How did your husband propose? Or if you are not married, what is your dream proposal?
- Is your refrigerator door clear or do you have stuff on it?
- Which Person of the Holy Trinity do you feel closest to: Father, Son or Holy Spirit?
- What is your favorite restaurant?
- If you wrote a book, what title would you choose? Fiction or Non-Fiction?
- Are you a convert or a revert?
- Which is your favorite Liturgical Season?
- How do you overcome writer’s block?
- What is your favorite Scripture passage?
- What do you wear with jeans: boots, heels, flats or clogs?
- Which blog post was the most difficult one for you to write? (please add link)
You are my Liebster Nominees! Please respond to my questions, share 11 facts about yourself and then create 11 questions for your Liebster Nominees. Thank you for taking the time to respond! 🙂 I can’t wait to read your answers and get to know you better!